Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Slight Changes lead to GREAT Changes

I just got back today from a 10 hour bus ride again from Lima, it's the worst.  Sorry mom I don't have my camera, left it at home. But I hope that you remember my skype account...I don't remember how we did it last time. However, I have a new comp now. Elder Barrera. He is from Utah, I know he doesn't look like it haha, but he is brand new. I am training him, and he is great, he wants to learn, and I have got to learn a lot from him. just like the teacher learns more than the student, the trainer learns more from the trainee. I can't wait to start a new chapter of the mission.
But i have had some great times with Elder Ivancovich, especially last week. As we were teaching Ernie, who is from Lima, and just pure energy, funny as can be. Reminds me a  little part of my African America friends from the states. However, we were teaching him and we felt the need to change the lesson that we were going to teach to the word of wisdom. and he was a little shocked as we touched on the subject of tea and coffee, especially when they were sitting on his windowsill. However, we helped him out a bit, and shared some scriptures, and the spirit was there, and then we invited him to throw them away right then. and right at that moment, Ernie stood right up and walked over to his tea and coffee and threw them right in the trash can! and he explained how he does want to change his life... and I was so proud and excited at that moment! you can see the slight changes, that lead to great changes!
I know we can all change, as we come to understand the atonement of Jesus Christ, as we read the Book of Mormon. as we can grow a true testimony as we understand the Book of Mormon. WE all need a strong and firm testimony of the book that can change us, through the understanding and studying of the Book of Mormon.

Mosiah 27:25

3lder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment