Monday, October 20, 2014

The Lord is with us all.

The Lord is with us all.  

I would like to share a spiritual experience I had the other day.

The other day as we were coming home in this crazy crowded bus, I had my bags with some food I bought and my scriptures. The auto buses are insane first of all. But I had my scriptures and bags in my hands, and one arm holding the bar above me. When a lady below me asked if she could hold my bags for me so I could stand normal. And so I gladly said yes. As she took my bags I had a thought I should contact this kind older lady. But then my second thought was, ahhh I’ll wait till there are less people or the noise goes down. But then it just got worse! Then I thought again,as my mind cleared and I listened. I heard a voice. That said. "Who do you fear, man or God, who do you really fear!" Wow. It hit me, as I really thought hard about the situation. I immediately started talking with this lady. As my words were smooth and she kindly listened and was very interested, and loved the short message I shared with her. But as time pasted and was finishing up the message, I noticed that there were about 2 others behind the older lady listening to me. It was amazing to have the Spirit work through me, as all I needed to do was listen.

Ever since that exp. I have not gone a time in the bus without a contact.

DyC 24:12
"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night.  And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men"
In our everyday life we have the promise, of the Spirit to be with us ALWAYS.

But however, we are not always listening to the soft quiet spirit.

And I will probably never see that lady again. But I know I did what the spirit wanted, because I was to listen to the spirit, the gift that we all have.

Elder Çlark

DyC 6:34
Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

Response from questions.

 Are you in the same area & how is your new companion Elder Castro:

I am in the same area. And yeah my comp is awesome!
He has 21 months in the mission. He only has a little bit of time left.
He only lacks the faith and hope of a young boy haha...I will try and help him

Brandon I pray for you in every prayer...is there something specific I could be praying for you?  I always include health and safety as well as the gift of tongues. Is there more I can do for you?

Thank you mom! I need them! I need lots of them!
Gift of tongues! And the ability to have confidence with humility, and to not get discouraged with myself, and continue to have a strong desire to preach with lots of faith!

We asked if he gets to go to the Temple in Lima:
Hopefully we can go soon. The recent converts we can take pretty soon, and I think we are going as a district too next month.
love you mom!!! got to go. Stay beautiful and KIND. Never change!
Mom edit: I have no idea where he is getting his clothes he is wearing?!
He's cracking me up!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the experience he shared in this one. Such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete