Monday, October 13, 2014

Don't slack because it's all good

First I want to say thank you to everyone!
Thank you for the wonderful soul satisfying goodies. And the inspiring words that I received.


Inspiring words from a Father, who has experience. Inspiring words from a loving and kind mother, who prepared and formed me to be prepared to serve a mission through her smart teachings and different tactics that she so diligently taught me as I would sometimes... most of the time stubbornly and cowardly...Arrogantly think were dumb or not cool. But they were my salvation. Loving words of a brother, a brother I pray for every night, and hope he is safe. As I remember all the times that he was the example to me. As he put up with my stubborness. Loving words and healing medicines from my Loving and sweet grandparents. And the cousins, how cute, didn’t really know how much they really did look up to me.




But I definitely needed this special package. As in the past week we have gone from having 8 people with baptismal dates to now... 0... as you see them fall into the evil and small snares of Satan’s traps, as he knows that they are making changes and have found the truth. So he works a little extra hard on them.
But as Elder Ballard has said in this last conference, these aren’t his exact words but:
When we are at our finest and life is all fine and dandy, is when we fall.  When we slacken our work.
I can testify of this. Period.
Watch yourselves always, in all. In all things.
Hel. 3.36
The 52nd year ended in peace also, save it were the exceedingly great pride which had gotten into the hearts of the people; and it was because of their exceedingly great riches and their prosperity in the land; and it did grow upon them from day to day.
But there is always a good side. My comp told me something very key, in our everyday lives. When we have these struggles, when we are down and out…We ask WHY. But instead we should give thanks. Not only when we have 8 baptismal dates. But also when we have 0. When we are throwing up, when we are asking the why... why father... why now... Instead, give your gratitude to Him. Because these things are only to better you, they are only to help you. Elder Uchtdorf talked about this is his last confernce talk last year.
2 nefi 4 ... powerful chapter. Don’t slack. Don’t let up, because it’s all good. Don’t slack cuz you think your 8 baptisms are set, your numbers are good. But also, also, also, don’t slacken your strength when things get tough. When you have 0. When you have these challenges. It’s only for your good.
But remember where your foundation is, or ask yourself, where is my foundation? In Christ or things of world that are somehow getting in the way...In this last conference they talked about or sited Hel. 5.12 about 3 times if I’m right. and you all know what 3 times mean.
But in this last conference. Revelation was talked about a lot. Revelation is key.
But remember to confirm this revelation with the Lord first. Preach My Gospel talks about confirming what you receive first. There is a difference between feeling the spirit and receiving personal revelation.
It’s so funny when people here say my name. because the -ark part is never together in Spanish so it sounds funny but after they say it, it’s always like ...clarrrrk... ohhhhhhh like Clark KENT!!!! Oh super man!
Elder Clark Kent
 
THE FIELD IS WHITE

After taking this photo, all of sudden I hear, "GRINGO!" and Elder Castro & I look up and there was a gang of guys throwing rocks at us. It was crazy!
We took off running!
Friday October 11th, after our appt. We were walking back home. about 10 feet in front of us was a bullet that struck the ground! It sounded like those cartoon bullet sounds with the ring/buzz sound.  A group of kids were by us, and they took off yelling some name that I didn't recognize. And by this time I was thinking...should we run? Cuz our house was only a few blocks away.  and then, the block a head of us was a gang of guys, lucky our house was to the right of us! Nothing happened after, but it was just the thought that creeped me out. But I know the Lord was watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment