Monday, September 21, 2015

Pedro & José

Well computer problems again.. I can't send anything.. haha it's the worst, it gets me all frustrated...

But this was very interesting we were able to teach the father of brother Jose. All of his family are less actives, it's super sad, but his father isn't a member. He wasn't too excited going into the lesson as the first lesson he was kinda just like whatever ya ya, as he has listened to many missionaries teach him. He was just listening and said he would read the book of mormon, but he didn't read.. it was sad, however, we had a lesson yesterday with him (Pedro). Then we were able to guide him, not just give him all the answers and just talk, but help him truly feel the Holy Ghost & for the first time he felt something different. It was great.  He said, I feel good, I feel calm. He asked questions as he wanted to learn more. He is very Catholic. He has his line, he said. But there was a large difference I felt as I have a love for this family. I felt the spirit guide us to say what he needed us to say. As we read one of my favorite chapters with him in 3 nephi 11, explaining to him the voice and the people and how it applys to him and how we want him to listen to the voice and not to us. And how the Father really spoke to us and presented HIS SON, when he visited us. He began to feel something different. We then read in 2 nephi 33, 10-11. as nephi testifies to us the truth of the words of Christ and how in the end all will know if he really came here. He sat there thinking and pondering over the words that he just read. Then José shared a scripture a little more after Christ came when Christ testifies that Jerusalem isn't the only place that he is going to visit, but that there are other sheep. As he heard the testimony of his newly changed son, he thought about what was sad, and was able to feel.

I have felt this love for him as none other, it's very powerful.

 I know the words of Christ are true and are the words that will save us only if we trust in HIS words and have true faith in them and HIM as we act upon them, we will truly change and become better sons and daughters of HIM.


EldEr Clark

PS I have taken the challenge of Elder Bednar and I am reading the Book of Mormon, as he invited us to study it with a topic of steadfastness.  I am looking for every bit of context that talks about that topic. And I have begun my bookshelf. I am loving studying it like that. And yes I am doing it in English, I have found power in this language it's interesting. I am going to study the Book of Mormon like this for the rest of my life. I love it! I am already in 2nephi25 haha. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment