Monday, September 1, 2014

Raw week number !1¡ and many to come!

 I Love Peru! The food has surprised me! Everywhere that I have eaten I have liked it, like a lot. Plus things are exciting pretty normal as well haha. for now... But I guess sickness is big issue down here... But I know even if I get sick, it won’t stop me, even if I get pneumonia or lose all of my limbs.

I have felt the spirit all week! And I don’t think that I have ever been so happy for such a long period of time in my life before!  Plus I noticed that when I am praying, there is a difference when I pray… my knees don’t hurt. If you truly want to pray, on cement or dirt, your knees won’t hurt. I have felt the power of prayer so much as I am constantly praying and asking for guidance from the Lord. ****Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  

As we pray for the spirit and help from the Lord, in what are the needs of this investigator, or how we can improve. 

Throughout this week I have seen many different types of people that’s for sure. However, in lessons you can tell the difference between those who seek the truth and those that are happy with where they are. Those who are humble, and those who are a little too proud about themselves.

We were able to commit someone to baptism yesterday. Very humble man. My companion and I could feel his humble and kind spirit!  We have 3 set baptisms for Sept. Very excited!!! Plus we found a very enthusiastic fam as well, who have said they know our message is true! And want to learn more, very engaged fam (Cruz.  

Matthew 28.19 *Go ye therefore, and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

I love this verse, because it is so important that we teach simply, that we are here to help you come unto Christ. Ephesians 4:5-6 Teach that there is one God, one Baptism, one faith, and that we are all brothers and sisters in this life. We are all in this together, to return back to our true home with our father in heaven so that we have true joy in this life! Eternal Life.

I love this gospel. Sorry I know I say that a lot but I know that there is nothing I would rather be in. Nothing I would rather be doing. Preaching HIS gospel & teaching what I know to be true with all my heart!

Thank you for all the prayers and support.

Love Elder Cl4rk

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost

The view from his apartment

Elder Clark & His Trainer Elder Sanchez.
While waiting for his visa, Elder Sanchez served his mission in El Salvador. Uncle Dave Glazier was his mission president in El Salvador!. Aunt Bev and Uncle Dave trained Elder Sanchez! They also know his father. After Elder Sanchez's visa came, he headed to Lima Peru South. Now he is training Brandon with the knowledge the Glaziers gave him!
So Sweet!

This is where they email us.


                                Only Elder Sanchez & Brandon live in this apartment.
                           It doesn't look like they have a closet to hang their clothes in.

               Here is where they both study.

*Mom post---Brandon has been very worried about his knees hurting during prayer. At home he usually kneels on a pillow. It hurts  his knees to kneel, even if it is on carpet.  He was really worried that while teaching people in their homes, it would hurt to kneel on tile or dirt floors. So he took his basketball knee pads! He was convinced he would need to wear them under his pants. We were super happy to read his letter this week of his knees not hurting :)

*We were able to write back and forth a bit, He said, “we have a sweety, kind little lady that cooks for us sometimes & does our laundry” I asked if he is sleeping and he said “perfect ! best sleep I have gotten ever!”In response to missing the scout labor day 5k breakfast, he said, “Wish I had a good breakfast this morning haha.”


No comments:

Post a Comment