Friday, August 8, 2014

It's not all about you, it's about the people you serve

Time is flying by even though some days feel like forever. I hope I don’t repeat myself because, everything is just like an eternal cycle of the same the thing almost everyday. So it is very easy for most missionaries to slack off and not study.  I have seen this a lot in almost everyone, where it is easy to lose focus and determination to learn more, because they feel overwhelmed with how much they have to learn.  Many fall into this  lazy cycle of I need to take a break, many do not know how to work hard and be out of there comfort zone. I’m not going to lie, I find myself sometimes telling myself that I need a break. But then I remembered a devotional we had, don’t waste your time and more importantly the Lords time not, I need to do my part so that He can bless me. I had a really powerful experience yesterday, with my teacher and one of my fellow missionaries in my district. My teacher spoke to me about my progression in this work and how he would place me under his progression missionaries list.  Plus I felt the spirit soooo strong that night.  When I was talking to this missionary Elder Rindlisbacher, how he has been an inspiration to me for going on a mission (his cousin died couple weeks ago before his mission). And how he has been an example to me for how much work he has put into this language, and how he is terribly struggling with the language. But I bore my testimony to him that I know he will be a good missionary & he will learn this language, because he is putting 110% into his study and I know the Lord will provide! The Lord called him to this mission for a reason, and the Lord gives no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commanded them!
1 Nephi 3:7

Last Sunday we had a devotional, and this speaker...forgot his name... taught about this wonderful work. He said something that was very interesting to me. "How much faith does it show if you are hoping it will rain but you don’t take an umbrella with you outside?" I thought that was interesting.

I have learned so much just over these past weeks concerning pride, Many missionaries like to talk about themselves and how they are prideful, kinda ironic, But many picture the mission only for them, however it is for you and will bless your life forever and ever. However it’s not all about you, it’s about the people you are serving and the lives you are going to change!  It’s about listening to their needs , and then being able to know what to teach them.  It’s about bringing the joy of the gospel unto others, it’s about them.

I have felt a piece of happiness, and how much joy we will feel when we return to live with God again! This is the Lords work, and we should obey the rules and commandments, because we love the Lord!  Not because we just want the blessings.

Helaman 5:17-19 really hit me preach with power! Astonish people, become  invested in this work! And help build this kingdom! Preach "My" Gospel! His work, his way! You want people to repent, He wants you to repent, you want people to stop bad habits, he wants you to stop bad habits.

The SECOND COMING has already STARTED! 194 years ago!
I’ll share some funny stories later, running out of time sorry. Thanks again
for all the prayers and support! Love you all and miss you all so much!

Elder CL$RK
Mosiah 27:25

And the Lord said unto me:
Marvel not that all mankind, yea men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters

Matthew 18:20 (don't worry mom)   ;)
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

 Just for kicks 2 kings 2:23-24, Helaman 1:21

*He sent me in a very brief additional email that he is healthy & loves the letters from Dearelder.com--so thank you to all who have reached out and emailed him! He also added that he Goes to Peru August 26th

*A side note....for several years he said Helaman 1:21 was going on his mission plaque, he has loved this scripture for so long, just for the thought of someone being that strong.
He also is positive he will come home bald, hence the love for 2 Kings scripture
Kemish Martinez - our teacher


Taking a ride on a garbage can roller,
sporting his Duke blue devils Nike Elite Socks!
Boy do we ever miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment